After William Morris died Jane and May had a holiday just outside Cairo with the Blunt's. Jane settled at Kelmscott mainly with Jenny who wandered the grounds looking for her Father. May edited his works. Jane spent the winters in London or with her widowed sister Emma in Lyme Regis. Jane bought Kelmscott in 1913 (a year before she died) for £4000. May reverted to the name Morris in 1899 after her divorce.